Friday, January 07, 2005

Robin's Clapotis

Welcome to the Cashmere Gallery! Here you will find a selection of finished works knit in the cashmere from the List of Colourways.


For this inaugural post, I am very grateful to Robin from California for sharing these pictures of her gorgeous Clapotis in sportweight cashmere in the Rum Point colourway.

.


She writes:
I truly love this scarf. The only pattern modification I made was to add one extra pattern repeat to the straight section. I have about a quarter to a third of one skein left. Also, I used US 6 needles... By adding the extra pattern repeat, the scarf wraps nicely around my neck. Seeing the amount of yarn I had left over, I could easily have added yet another pattern repeat to the straight section for an even longer scarf...


I didn't block it initially, but after being worn so much, it needed a wash, and that is when I blocked it out to dry (actually, I didn't really "block it", I just threw it over the shower curtain rod and spread it out to dry. When dry, I put it in the dryer for a few minutes - as you suggested - and it came out softer and nicer than ever. The photos I sent were "pre-washing".)


I measured my Clapotis, and she's around 18" x 53". However, she does tend to lengthen and narrow when worn. Also, as nice as Clapotis is upon completion, she is ever so much nicer once washed and fluffed (at least in my opinion).... :)



Thanks, Robin! She looks absolutely beautiful! :)