Sunday, January 16, 2005

Scoopneck Tee in Briar Rose; Annie Hall scarf in Cirque

Here's my RLBF modelling the scoopneck sweater I finished recently: an original pattern using 6 skeins of the sportweight cashmere in Briar Rose and a tiny bit of Cotton Candy for the piping accent on the neckline, hem and cuffs. (Doesn't she look smashing?)



The sweater was such an easy, therapeutic knit and I'm really quite pleased with the end result: a luxuriously soft, pampering piece with Missoni-like allure from every angle.



The tee is fitted to flatter (or fabricate) a waist and ends at the top hip. I've worn this with jeans, dressed it up with tailored bootcut trousers and it's now one of my wardrobe staples. (I may end up making at least one or two more because it's such a quick and easy knit.) ETA: I've still to type up the pattern, but I'm happy to include it free of charge for anyone purchasing the yarn for their own luxury tee.

And next in the gallery is my new favourite knit for a quick cashmere fix: the super easy, super fast Annie Hall scarf in aran weight cashmere. Although 3 would have been sufficient, I used 4 skeins (because who would object to a wider scarf that amounts to a greater Surface Area of Luxury?). The colourway shown here is Cirque: