Friday, January 21, 2005

Le Seurat: Snuggly Chic

I wanted a really quick winter knit to cuddle into during the next snowfall (which, I'm told, will be this weekend), so I came up with an original pattern, which I'm calling the Seurat:

For a size Large, Seurat required 10 skeins of aran weight cashmere in Crocus (smaller sizes would probably only require 8 or 9 skeins) and it flew right off the US 10.5 needles! It took roughly 4-5 days to complete -- one day per piece, an evening to seam together and VOILA! How's that for quick?

I think what I love the most about this sweater, apart from the soft swaddling of cashmere, are the relaxed wide neck, the laid-back roll of the collar that stands up on its own, the stovepipe sleeves, and the gentle shaping at the waist -- because cozy never has to mean frumpy!

Here's a gratuitous detail, perhaps the truest depiction of the colours, and just because... I like it. :)

I'm so pleased with this one. If anyone is interested in the yarn for the Seurat, I'd be happy to include the pattern. Snuggly chic should be shared! (Say that ten times really fast.) ;)